Thursday, January 24, 2013

They make it look so easy...

Today at work I made a list of things that I am convinced everyone can do that I can't. I'm not being self-deprecating, because I honestly don't care about these things. This is just observation for observation's sake.

Anyway, without further adoo (YEP, adoo. why not?)...

- Eating a croissant without crumbs flying everywhere. I'm baffled by this. When normals eat a croissant, it goes from plate to mouth, plate to mouth, plate to mouth and back again as if it were any other bit of food. It might as well be a carrot. When I, on the other hand, eat a croissant, I am consistently appalled at the damage it's caused. Flakes everywhere! In the crotch creases of my trousers, in the keyboard, all over the floor, down my shirt and in my bra! How can such a small,  everyday pastry produce so many crumbs? Like I said - baffled.

- Know very basic level French and/or Spanish. How did I manage to miss this? Everyone over here in the UK could at least go to Paris and order a croissant in a  cafe (and then eat every last flake). Even Americans know a bit of Spanish!

This was for a 'dress as a country' party that I attended in 2010. Of course, when I say 'party I attended', I really mean 'my flatmates and I dressed up as a country and then ate dinner. Four of us participated. Anyway, I'm dressed as 'France' - that's why I included this pic in this blog post.


- Roman numerals. Never learned them. Missed that week in school. Yet another reason why parents should do everything they can to ensure their kids catch chickenpox at a pre-school age.

- Wear scarves. OK, I'm not talking about the standard-sized wool scarves you wear when it's freezing outside. Those took me awhile, but I've figured it out by now. It's the long, thin, 'beautiful' scarves that my neck just seems to reject. And before you suggest it - yes, I've watched the YouTube tutorials. They still don't help.


Or-uh-vwa,

Margaret
   
P.S. If you haven't subscribed to the podcast yet, DO IT.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I hear ya about croissants (creciente in Spanish!)- it's not a skill I've mastered yet either.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...