Thursday, October 29, 2009

I sure know how to pick 'em- blog topics, that is! And blog titles too, apparently.

For the past two days I've been groovin' to "Pick Up the Pieces" by Average White Band. It truly is one of the greatest diddies of all time. Listen to it. I dare you not to snap your fingers.

Freddy Nietzsche once said "all truly great thoughts are conceived by walking" and I am inclined to agree. The mind, like the legs trotting beneath it, often wanders to places of unexpected amusement. Want proof? Well, I was listening to the aforementioned "Pick Up the Pieces" on one of my many, daily saunters through Edinburgh when a series of groovy thoughts came upon me.

1. "Pick-up" games of basketball (or any sport for that matter) are so cool and under appreciated. For all those nay-saying, Internet haters who claim we've become detached, self-imposed isolationists; go watch a pick-up game of basketball in the park. It's beautiful.

2. Of all the mean tricks that prey on innocent children, 52-card "pick-up" is one of the cruelest. As a youngest child, I was always the victim of this evil game and never the administrator. This upset me back then and upsets me currently.

3. "Pick-up" lines are often joked about, but rarely used. For the most part, people just make normal small talk. Actually, mocking lame pick-up lines has become a pick-up line itself- so much so that I think it's a very dull, predictable, topic adored by unfunny people. What happened to the creativity of yesteryear such as this:


4. At the bagel shop people would call in orders for "pick-up", but in Edinburgh people would call that "take-away." Which is better? I think "pick-up" is more upbeat. U-S-A. U-S-A. U-S-A!!!

5. Pickup trucks are the best vehicles. They are! Stop thinking about gas for one second and agree with me. Not convinced? Watch an episode of "Friday Night Lights" and get back to me.


Blogness monster,

Madge

P.S. Googling "quotes about" then whatever it is you need a quote about has always ended successfully for me.

2 comments:

Michelle {lovely little things} said...

Excellent post, I love the pick-up theme.

AJK said...

i love that song!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...