Tuesday, February 24, 2009

FAT Tuesday is right!

First and foremost, thank you to all who participated in my picto-puzzles! The answers are as follows:

"pot calling the kettle black"

Capricorn 

John Locke (....from LOST- Not the philosopher)

pillow


There ya have it. I threw in an old saying, an astrological sign, a character from a TV show, and a common household object. 

Congrats to Char who had the most correct answers! Char, you win a puffy envelope full of seranwrapped rice crispie treats- coming your way soon! And because I feel bad going to the post office and shipping something off to Scotland but sending nothing to Ireland, Francie, you get some too. AND, now that I've blogged it, I must do it. So the odds that you two will actually receive rice crispie treats are pretty decent. 

My mother gets an honorable mention for her response (now one of my favorite blog comments EVER): "Struck out except if I removed the phone I got panty."

Mom, for your response you will receive a fun ecard from me some time this month. Yes, I realize the prize dropped significantly in value from first-place to honorable mention. Deal. 

Here's something to think about: What's on your "bookmarks bar"? Ya know, the tabs up at the top of your browser window that you have programmed in, making your favorite websites just one click away. I am not sure, but perhaps one's bookmarks bar and  the order of bookmarked websites listed on it says a lil' something about who they are.

Here's mine: Madgespace, Facebook, Gonzaga email, Dlisted, University of Edinburgh application page, Yahoo mail, YouTube, Wikipedia.

Today is "Fat Tuesday." That means Lent starts tomorrow (Ash Wednesday). I am giving up coffee and gum.

 Of course, I am doing so for completely selfish reasons. I want to rid myself of the caffeine addiction and artifical sweetened gum that is reeking havoc on my digestive system. It has NOTHING to do with having a better understanding of what Jesus sacrificed for us. I mean, it's ridiculous to think that cutting carbs or sweets really compares to being nailed to a cross. Doesn't it seem insulting to the J-man? HA! Since when is this blog a forum for religious debate? SINCE NOW! I am going to the University of Edinburgh School of Divinity in the fall. Time to start thinkin' biblically!

Jai Ho, 

Madge

6 comments:

Unknown said...

cant believe you are giving up that gum- that will be a challenge! im not here to gloat about my correct answers but WOOHOO. havent had a rice cripsy treat since heck was a pup so thats awesome.

AJK said...

HOW DID I MISS JOHN LOCKE???? I feel stupid. I also missed pillow . . . do more of these, they're fun. LOST tonight!!!!

EMAR said...

jai ho indeeeed! I like the two-part blog. Hey! No gum means my strawberry mint will be safe for 40 days!

Michelle {lovely little things} said...

Love the John Locke, I totally missed that one, actually I missed most except calling the kettle black, but especially love the LOST shout out.

...and the Jai Ho sign off. Awesome!

Michelle {lovely little things} said...

p.s. you should do this "guess the phrase" thing again, great blog concept! I'm determined to get one right next time

ellen said...

i also missed john locke, however, i believe the lost character and the plilospher are connected because jeremy bentham is also a philospher. locke is bentham. same person. similiarities in philosophies?

this deserves a long chat when i visit you TOMORROW!

yahoo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...