Sunday, February 3, 2008

Cyprus!!!

I can't believe I am in Cyprus! There's a map hanging up next to my bed and every times I look at it I still can't believe I am here- on a small island (about the size of Connecticut), north of Egypt, south of Turkey, in the eastern Mediterranean Sea. If you look at the map- Cyprus is really in the center of the world.


This lil' guy, as Bobby and Char would say, is the "vein" of my existence. It's Coca Light NOT diet coke. It shouldn't even be mentioned in the same sentence as Diet Coke, but for Cypriots, they know no different. You ask for a Diet Coke, you get Coca Light- simple as that.

Here are some pics of our apartment here in Cyprus. It's cozy!



Fruit market in downtown Nicosia.

Our trip to Northern Cyprus (under Turkish military occupation)- the atmosphere was very different. So many packs of guys- not a girl in sight. It felt like West Side Story, I was expecting them to start snapping, dancing and singing "When you're a Turk, you're a Turk all the way...."

The Northern harbor town of Kyrenia. Beautiful! Look at the Mediterranean!



The internet has been a lil' slow and unreliable, but it's getting better. Hopefully I can update more frequently, like in the good ol' days back in the "states".

I still have big calves,

Margaret

6 comments:

Unknown said...

a new blogggggggg! love it. and DONT love coke light. feel for ya! and your calves are not big you rod.

AJK said...

thank god for an update- i was dying!
see ya in 82 days

Alice said...

Madge -- how long will you be there? Want to meet up in budapest or croatia if I go this May/June?
and I agree with Char, you have nice calves.

Nancy said...

Those calves could support the weight of your mama when you were a teeny baby-I'd say: "Let's do strong legs" and you'd do it. You were so proud.

Change your focus.

Unknown said...

Madge, I found out today something very important: itt is against the law to post any signs in Turkey with the letters Q or W. Play it safe.

Paul and Ailene said...

Magi:
Paul says, "Those aren't calves, they're baby cows. Wear them proud!"
Hoisting a Diet Coke in your honor. Love the blog...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...