Friday, December 25, 2009

Expat Xmas!

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Char and I fidgeted around for about two hours until FINALLY, at 7:30, we allowed ourselves to get out of bed. PRESENTS!

It was a good haul this year. So many thoughtful gifts- and a few bizarre ones too!

It's not too weird being away from home for the holiday. It helped to have multiple K-town traditions transported over here for our yuletide pleasure. Christmas roll sent by mail and kept fresh by the frigid Scottish temperatures. The Berenstain Bears' Christmas Tree book, read aloud by yours truly last night before beddyby. Muppets' Christmas Carrol- a true classic!

I haven't showered in days! Luckily, Char got me some "dry shampoo" in my stocking. I guess "they" use it all the time over here. GROSS. You just spray it on your greasy mop whenever showering seems too tedious (which is pretty much always). Joke present or not, I fear it may become a regular part of my hygiene routine (which is already embarrassingly minimal).



Now all we have to do is sit back, watch a horrendous version of the movie "Heidi" on TV and eat more cinnamon roll? Then we're going to walk to Char's work to use the printer to print off my boarding pass (I'm going to England in two days).

Ok, time to refill the ol' hot water bottle.

I LOVE YOU ALL!

Merry Christmas,

Margaret

5 comments:

Nancy said...

I hope you posted the video on you tube. Such a heartfelt spirited rendition of Winter Wonderland! We missed you like heck! Hope to sing it together in 2010.

AJK said...

that video is PRICELESS

msk33 said...

Great Christmas post, I just read it and you prolonged my Christmas season, thanks!!

Francie said...

WOW. What a video! Who produced that? Such high quality! Great vocals.

Nicole said...

Hey, don't dis the dry shampoo. That stuff is amazing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...