Sunday, April 5, 2009

SUN-day!

                           
The first day of real, warm, sunshine always makes me realize how miserable I've been all winter. During the last 5 months, anytime that I thought I was happy I was just kidding myself. I was faking it. Because this, my friends, is true happiness. FIFTY FIVE degrees, Manito Park, windows down in the mini-van, blue skies....BLISS.

Not only does the sun make me a happier person, but it makes me a more productive person too. Yesterday I clipped my fingernails- who does that???? Certainly not the winter version of myself. I even removed the nasty remnants of dark purple nail polish. With half of a bent bobbypin I scraped out the rotted gunk from under each nail. Who knows what kind of dirt, bacteria, parasite eggs, and boogers had been festering there all winter.

Then, after all that work, I still had the energy to throw in a load of laundry! 

If this weather keeps up, I might just start my own catering business, or complete a 1000 piece puzzle, or vacuum. 

Good day to ya, 
Madge

2 comments:

Nicole said...

I went to Manito today, it was beautiful. I encourage vacuuming next, particularly if you clipped your nails indoors.

Unknown said...

it was sunny here yesterday and i clipped my nails and removed the months-old polish, too! get over here already! i cant wait!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...