Monday, March 31, 2008

Cyprus Schmyprus (worst blog title yet...can't think creatively anymore.)

Egads! Cyprus has a way of sucking all the motivation- normally used for homework, reading the newspaper, exercising and blog-updating- out of you and redirecting it toward things like napping in the sun, bbq-ing, dancing, searching tirelessly for weird techno songs on the internet (even though you only maybe know one word that's in it)and creating your own home-made madlibs. A lot has happened since my last post. Here's a list of the most important:

1. We went to Protaras and took a lot of pictures of us jumping in front of the sunset.




2. We threw a very successful "nerd" theme party.



3. We went to Limassol for Carnival.



4. We went back to the beach- Ayia Napa this time.


5. We went to an Irish pub in Nicosia for St.Patty's day.


6. We booked our flights for Spring Break (Vienna and Prague!!).

7. Booked our flights to EGYPT for this weekend!!!!!!!!!! Camel rides, pyramids, the Nile, Alexandria....pics to come.

That's not all we've done, but I think I covered the main events of the last month or so.

I am already starting to get sad when thinking about leaving this place. It seems like we are just now really getting into the groove of things here. I will miss the people I have met here most of all. At some point in my life I am DEFINITELY coming back to Cyprus.

The island is going through the worst drought in seven years. They've had to limit the amount of water people can use. We only get to have water on Tues, Thurs and Sat now! It's like God doesn't want me to work-out. I mean, you can't go running unless you can shower afterward. What to do?

TTFN!

Oh- almost forgot! Scotty broke up with me over facebook and I got bangs. Here is a pic (of the bangs).

5 comments:

AJK said...

your best blog yet! can't wait to get my white arse over there and tan it up on the beach! 21 days and counting!!! the bangs look fab!

Unknown said...

who cut your bangs? they look great! i, too, cant WAIT to come! 3 weeks from tomorrow for me! the pics you posted are great!! you were long overdue for a blog update but i will forgive you since there are obviously much more exciting things to do in cyprus!!!

Francie said...

Maybe char can trim your bangs when we come - she's good at that! haha. I will try to forgive the fact that you FORGOT to mention your upcoming 6 week vaca in Portarlington!!The bangs look so good, they almost make me want to ask Char to cut mine!

Nancy said...

A new blog! What a shock!! It pays to be loyal. The pic of you mid-air is fabulous, and I want the card/dress: I want to spin in it. I'm trying to place the pics with the names...hmmm-Lisa, Anya. Megan, Liz. I think Liz is the one with the braids. Cannot believe that you may be atop a camel as I write this.

Willem D said...

Smidge! It seems as though you are living it up! Cyprus looks like it is the perfect fit for you! Anyways thanks for starting the rumor about g-pa buying me a ticket to Cyprus haha if only that was true...Oh by the way I am heading to Buenos Aires,Argentina in the fall to study abroad! Live it up and see you in a few months...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...